Happy New Year!
As we launch into 2017, we all anticipate changes to the way that businesses execute their marketing activity. Data, branding, strategy, suppliers – you name it, there’s probably something written somewhere about how we should be improving the way we do things.
The amount of information ‘out there’ can sometimes be overwhelming – so I turned to one of my preferred sources for a summary of their thoughts for what to expect in 2017. And I wanted to share this with you – with thanks to Mashable.
- Facebook and Google will continue to dominate – the rest of the industry will shrink
- Brands will buy all their own media – agencies will have to reinvent themselves
- Marketers will no longer blindly trust third party data
- Personalisation will mean more than just using a first name
- The death of personas will bring journey mapping to life
- Brands will call it quits on the native advertising game
- Shrinking digital footprints will force marketers to rethink their engagement strategies
- Marketers will no longer be duped by multi-device consumers – single customer profiles will rise
- Live data will breathe life into the marketing mix
- Agencies will have to adapt to survive.
You can read the full article here.
With very best wishes for a happy and successful 2017!